|Thu Jun 20
Laura & Julie Harris at the Guilford Free Library
|Guilford Free Library, Guilford, CT
|Sun Jun 30
Clemenzi Music Studio Rocks for Music Drives Us - Featuring Laura Clapp
|Hard Rock Cafe Boston, Boston, MA
go to today
- Thursday, June 20
- Laura & Julie Harris at the Guilford Free Library
- 7:00 pm
Guilford Free Library, 67 Park St, Guilford, CT
- Laura will be performing a 30 minute set after local jazz artist (and Laura's mom!) Julie Harris opens the show.
- Price Info: Free
- Sunday, June 30
- Clemenzi Music Studio Rocks for Music Drives Us - Featuring Laura Clapp
- 1:00 pm
Hard Rock Cafe Boston, 22-24 Clinton St, Boston, MA
- On Sunday, June 30th, the students of Eric Clemenzi's teaching studio will perform a benefit show for Music Drives Us at the Hard Rock Cafe in Boston. Students of all ages (from 6 to 60!) will perform music from classic blues to modern metal. The show will start at 1pm and the suggested donation is $10. In addition, we will be raffling off two TC Electronic pedals: the all new Ditto Looper and the Flashback x4. In addition to student performances, TC Electronic rep Laura Clapp will also perform. All of the proceeds benefit Music Drives Us. For information on the Hard Rock Cafe Boston, visit: hardrock.com.
- Price Info: $10 suggested donation
- Saturday, April 21, 2012
- Friends of Mackline Tumusiime Benefit
- 6:30 pm
Lake Forest Country Club, 100 Lake Forest Drive, Hudson, OH
- Friends of Mackline Tumusiime will host a fundraiser April 21 at 6:30 p.m. at Lake Forest Country Club, 100 Lake Forest Drive, to help raise money for a 14-year-old girl from Kabingo, Uganda, and her village.
As an infant, Mackline was severely disfigured when mauled by a wild pig. She was brought to the U.S. to receive multiple reconstructive surgeries. She has been living in Hudson with Matt and Lisa Greene since last summer and attends East Woods Elementary School.
Initial fundraising goals were to cover her medical and education expenses. These goals have been met. A new fund has been established to support additional needs for her family and village. The Comboni Mission is building a new school in Mackline's village. Donations collected at this event will go towards building a wing on the school in her honor.
The evening will include food, drink, a silent auction, and entertainment donated by Laura Clapp and the band Swizzle Stick. The cost is $35 per person. A cash bar will be available.
To hold a reservation, payment must be received by April 6.
Make checks payable to Lake Forest Country Club and mail to Leslie Daly, 146 Old Orchard Drive, Hudson, OH 44236.
The fundraiser is a silent auction with all proceeds going to the Mackline Tumusiime School Fund.
Organizers are seeking donations of items or services for the auction. To donate, call Daly at 330-342-1608 or Tiffany Reynolds at 330-205-4704.
- Price Info: $35 donation